Frequent maintenance is needed to maintain the forklift normal, reliable operation.
Time for Maintenance
1. Daily maintenance is usually conducted after the shift.
2. Primary Technical Maintenance: It is carried out after the forklift has been operated for 100 hours; one shift work equals two weeks.
3. Secondary Technical Maintenance: It is carried out after the forklift has been operated for 500 hours; one shift work is equal to one quarter of a year.
Ⅰ. Daily Maintenance
1. Use water to clean away the dirt, soil on the forklift, especially those parts including fork carriage, generator, water tank, air filter, etc.
2. Check up the fastening conditions of each part, for instance, fork arm carrier bearing, bolts, positioning lock, brake, etc.
3. Check up the reliability and flexibility of the pedal brake and steering gear.
4. Check whether there is any leakage or not. And the parts that need checking include pipe joint, fuel tank, brake pump, cylinders, water tank, water pump, engine sump, torque converter, transmission, reducer, hydraulic steering gear, etc.
5. Discharge the sediments inside the oil filter.
Ⅱ. Primary Technical Maintenance
Aside from the items described above, you can add the flowing items:
1. Check the cylinder pressure or vacuum degree.
2. Examine and adjust the valve clearance.
3. Check whether the thermostat works normally or not.
4. Examine the working conditions of the multiple directional control valve, hoist cylinder, steering cylinder, gear pump, etc.
5. Check whether the transmission functions normally or not.
6. Inspect and adjust the intervals between the brake pad and brake drum of the hand or foot brake.
7. Change the oil of the oil pan. Check up the pipe completeness of the crankcase ventilation. Wash the engine oil filter and diesel filter elements.
8. Check up the installation of the generator and cranking motor. Inspect whether the connector lug is clean or secure or not. Check if the carbon brush and commentator has any abrasion or not.
9. Check up the tightness degree of fan belt.
10. Check if the wheel installation is secure or not, whether the tyre pressure meets the requirement or not. In addition, clean away the impurities on the tyre surface.
11. The forklift needs to be dismantled for maintenance. It should be treated with driving test after the reassembly.
1) The brake performance of different degree should have no off tracking or crawling. On the abrupt slope, you can stop the car reliably after the hand braking.
2) Make sure whether there is any abnormal noise when the motor operates under the condition of speeding up, slowing down, heavy load, or no load.
3) During the driving test, check the brake, transmission, front axle housing, and the gear pump to ensure whether there are any signs of superheat.
4) Make sure whether the fork arm carrier goes up and down normally without any shaking.
12. Check whether the inlet filter screen of the oil tank is blocked or damaged or not. If any, clean it or change a new filter screen.
Ⅲ. Secondary Technical Maintenance
Aside from all the items of First Technical Maintenance, the Secondary Technical Maintenance also includes the items as below:
1. Clean all the oil tanks, filter screens or pipelines, and check if there are any corrosion, cracking, or other similar situations exist. After the cleaning, fibrous thrum or cloth is not allowed to wipe those parts.
2. Clean the torque converter, gearbox. Inspect whether there are any abraded parts or not. Change new oil.
3. Examine the transmission shaft bearing. If necessary, adjust the direction of the universal-joint cross trunnion.
4. Check whether the driving axle is secure or not, whether there are any oil leakage problems. Dismantle and examine the main speed reducer, differential mechanism, and hub reduction gear. Adjust the axial clearance. Add or change the lubrication oil.
5. Clean the brake, and adjust the friction plate clearance between the brake drum and brake shoe.
6. Wash the steering gear, and check the rotation amount of the steering wheel.
7. Dismantle and clean the gear oil pump. Check if the gear, housing and bearing are abraded or not.
8. Dismantle the multi-way valve. Check the clearance between the valve rod and valve body. Do not dismantle the safety valve except for the special circumstances.
9. Check whether the knuckle is damaged or not.
10. Dismantle the tyre. The rim should go through the anti-rust treatment. Check the tyre and rim tape.
11. Check whether the hand brake is secure or not.
12. Examine the storage battery.
13. Clean the water tank and oil radiator.
14. Check up whether the frame is deformed or not. Dismantle and clean the rollers.
15. Dismantle and check the all the cylinders, and replace the worn sealing element.
16. Check up the instrument sensor, fuse, and all kinds of switches.
The new forklift or the one which hasn't been used for a long time, should have its bearing lubricated during the first two weeks of operation. When lubricating, use the new oil to force out the ageing oil. The bearing should be lubricated for at least two times. There are some tips that you should keep in mind.
1. Prior to the lubrication, get rid of the dirt on the oil cap, oil plug, etc., so as to prevent the dirt from getting inside.
2. When using the grease gun, you should extrude the lubricant into the parts joint until the lubricant is forced out.
3. In summer or winter, you should choose the seasonal lubricant.